So I have a SharePoint 2010 Hyper-V image and Next week I need to give a training and needed to use Sun VirtualBox as Hyper-V doesn’t run on Windows XP. So I copied the Hyper-V virtual hard disk to my local machine and followed the following steps.
- Start VirtualBox
- Create a new Virtual Machine
- Do the basic settings
- Add the Hyper-V virtual hard disk
- Set IO APIC enabled in the Systems Tab (this is is important, otherwise it will hang after like 20 seconds on startup)
- Start the VM in VirtualBox
- Stopped the Hyper-V services and set startup type to: Manual
- Installed the VBoxGuestAdditions for better integration with the virtual machine.